Here are some TV show ideas that, had they actually been pitched, would have surely failed…
10) America’s Got Dandruff – a reality TV show dealing with correcting problems with the contestants’ hair
9) So You Think You Can Yodel – another reality show. The title is self-explanatory
8) Sesame Street Gangs – Ernie and Bert join rival gangs in this children’s series.
7) Hell’s Laundry – Gordon Ramsay curses and swears at contestants who madly attempt to clean stained clothing.
6) Extreme Makeover: Houseplant Edition – a heart-warming series about the joy of interior vegetation
5) Criminal Mimes – street performers carry out dastardly crimes while remaining completely silent.
4) The Exchange Rate is Right – contestants must guess the correct current exchange values of one random world currency to another.
3) The Flanders – a spin-off of The Simpsons, this show highlights the bungling antics of Ned Flanders and his two boys, Rod and Todd
2) Law and Order: Parking Enforcement – a thrill a minute as the series’ heroes write tickets for illegally parked vehicles.
And the all time best failed TV pitch:
1) CSI: Lancaster County – Detectives in a small Pennsylvania community solve crimes using the latest in Amish technology.